DATA AND PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When You register with PlanetWatchers as a User, You may be required to provide certain personal information that is unique to You and may identify You (such as Your name, birthday, e-mail address and such other personal information) (“Personal Information“).
In addition, we may collect and\or receive information that may be considered personal in the course of your use of the Site, such as information about your laptop, tablet, mobile device and operating system, unique device identifier, software, your usage of the service, location data, time zone, browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address, network Media Access Control (MAC), Cookies (as defined below), language preference, referring pages, exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of this activity, whether you open, forward or click-through emails and ads, log files, and other usage data including data and information received whenever You interact with PlanetWatchers, or use the Services or Website.
It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any such personal information, but part of our services may be conditioned by the provision of such information. Should you choose not to share such information with us, please do not register to any services requiring the provision of such information and refrain from using the Site.
In addition, we collect certain non-personal and non-identifiable information such as information concerning the use of the analytics and other tools we make available, (e.g., information about the device, browser type and other information automatically sent) as well as statistical and aggregated information about your use of the Site and our services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use all information provided to assist us with the development and improvement of our Site, services, tools and associated technologies, and to develop new services, features and functionality, including through third parties such as contractors, sub-contractors and service providers.
We will not share your personally identifiable information with third parties without your explicit permission, except when reasonably required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order or for the purpose of complying with legal requirements, or as otherwise expressly set forth herein.
We may use personally identifiable information and other information internally – for example, to help diagnose problems with our services, to make our services more useful for you and for our other customers and to Provide You and develop new services, features and functionality.
By analyzing all information we receive, we may compile statistical information across a variety of users (“Statistical Information”). Statistical Information helps understand trends and customer needs so that new services can be considered and so our services and associated technology and services can be tailored to customer desires. Statistical Information may also help to prevent fraud. We may share Statistical Information with our partners, pursuant to commercial terms that we determine in our sole discretion. In addition, we may provide any information to third parties, so long as we have removed any information that identifies any specific individual or user, such as a name, address or contact information.
We may use your information to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to provide promotional messages. We may use your information in order to provide you with information or promotions that we believe you may be interested in subject to your prior approval. we may use your information to respond to Your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide You with customer service, technical assistance and support; and to send You confirmations, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate Your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services.
We will only use collected information in compliance with applicable law.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
PlanetWatchers is committed to protecting Your privacy and will not share or disclose information about You, unless otherwise permitted according to the following terms:
- PlanetWatchers may share Your information with third party entities and individuals that provide PlanetWatchers with a variety of services necessary for providing the Services and operating the Website. These trusted third parties may have access to Your information, to the extent it is reasonably necessary for them in order to perform their obligations to PlanetWatchers;
- PlanetWatchers may disclose data and information as necessary for us to enforce our agreements and policies, to investigate any claims against PlanetWatchers, and to protect the rights and property of PlanetWatchers or its agents, employees and customers. We may disclose data as we reasonably believe necessary to investigate and protect the security of our software, servers and other equipment.
- PlanetWatchers may share Your information in order to facilitate the provision of updates, product support and other services to You (if any);
- For the purpose of analysis and statistics, provided that such disclosure is done anonymously and is non personal identifiable;
- We may disclose or transfer data and information in connection with a sale of all or part of our business or assets, in the event of merger, consolidation, change of control of PlanetWatchers, or other corporate reorganization in which PlanetWatchers participates (or any negotiation process with respect to these events) or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets; and
- If required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief, that (i) disclosing such information is necessary to comply with any law or respond to any court order, search warrant or equivalent, or where in PlanetWatchers reasonable belief an action is needed in order to protect the personal safety of any individual (ii) such disclosure is appropriate or necessary in order to enforce its Terms and Conditions, take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend itself against any third party claims or allegations, assist government enforcement agencies, protect the security or integrity of its application and servers and protect its rights and property. We will comply with any applicable law that requires the collection and provision of your data to the applicable authorities.
Cookies are small text files containing strings of information that are locally stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g. by remembering your user preferences).
Check the “Help” menu of your browser or operating system to learn how to adjust your tracking settings or cookie preferences. Note that our system may not recognize some or all “Do Not Track” headers from browsers.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY CHILDREN
Children under the age of 13 may NOT access or use our Services and provide PlanetWatchers with any personal information. If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to us (including, e.g., a name, address, telephone number or email address), he or she can contact us via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org , and PlanetWatchers will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13.
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
All information described above may be stored on database servers. We will take commercially reasonable measures in providing secure transmission of Your Personal Information before it is transferred across the internet from Your system to our servers and in securing such Personal Information stored on our systems. However, You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet and that there is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while We strive to protect Your Personal Information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of Your Personal Information or other content You transmit using PlanetWatchers, and You do so at Your own risk. Thus, We encourage You to exercise discretion regarding the Personal Information You choose to disclose.
Last updated: 1 April 2018