Monitoring Geographically Dispersed Infrastructure for the Energy Industry
The Energy Industry Challenge: Monitoring Remote Infrastructure
As supply chains become larger and more complex, it has become paramount to ensure a reliable flow of assets to the market for consumers. Disruptions in oil pipelines, electricity transmission lines and generation plants en route may not be recognized in time leading to fluctuations in price and availability. Additionally, risk assessment of potential incidents, ensuring the security of pipelines, identifying urban and vegetation encroachment, oil seeps and selecting development sites are all aspects that energy companies must take into account.
- Accessibility: Many of the assets of interest are in remote locations that are difficult to visit on the ground.
- Consistency: The vast geographic networks of infrastructure and assets leads to differences in the frequency of monitoring and data updates.
- Actionable: Disparate data sources make it difficult to understand results and insights
The PlanetWatchers Solution for Energy Infrastructure Monitoring
PlanetWatchers enables data-driven infrastructure monitoring by offering the industry’s first analytics solution that uses proven algorithms to render high-quality insights with comprehensive and weather-agnostic satellite data. PlanetWatchers delivers continual satellite-driven analysis to empower energy infrastructure monitoring.
- Satellite-driven analysis can identify more structures and hazards on larger geographic scales than drones or on the ground assessment
- Artificial Intelligence improves the quality of analysis over time and improves faster with larger areas of monitoring
- Energy-specific analysis is designed to allow critical management decisions by highlighting areas of encroachment and infrastructure failures
How Geospatial Intelligence Works
PlanetWatchers provides a risk management analytics platform for the energy industry by applying proprietary artificial intelligence algorithms to multi-source geospatial data, delivering energy infrastructure data insights as a service.